Established in 2017, our mission is to promote, share, and adopt sustainability efforts in the Quaker Valley community and beyond. We meet once a month and work consistently to make our little corner of the world a “greener” place.
Some efforts include:
- Weekly Curbside Food Scrap Collection (for composting) with Zero Waste Wrangler
- Seasonal social media challenges such as Cut Your Carbon Footprint
- coordination and sponsorship of Zero Waste Events (see the SCGC website for donation link)
- Correspondence and conversations with elected officials
- Plastic reduction in local schools and restaurants
- Advocacy for electric vehicles and local charging stations through offshoot SEVA
- Advocacy for zero energy building through offshoot ZEBA
- Tours of a local “passive house”
- Partnerships with the QVCOG and the Pennsylvania Resources Council to push for waste reduction and better recycling options
- Sponsorship of glass and E-waste collection
- Promotion and support of local merchants and refill/bulk purchasing vendors
You’ll find us on Twitter @SustainableQV.
Let’s come together to sow the seeds for a brighter tomorrow.